Improving sexual stamina is a common goal for many individuals and couples. If you or your partner are looking to last longer in bed, here are seven tips that may help:
- Kegel Exercises: Both men and women can benefit from Kegel exercises. These exercises help strengthen the pelvic floor muscles, which can lead to better control over ejaculation and improved sexual endurance.
- Practice Mindfulness: Mindfulness techniques, such as deep breathing and meditation, can help reduce anxiety and performance pressure, which can contribute to premature ejaculation or other sexual performance issues.
- Limit Anxiety: Address any underlying anxiety or stress that may be affecting sexual performance. This might involve therapy, stress management techniques, or simply open communication with your partner about your concerns.
- Slow Down: Focus on slowing down the pace of sexual activity. This can include extending foreplay, which can be highly enjoyable for both partners, and reducing the speed and intensity of intercourse.
- The Start-Stop Technique: During sex, try the start-stop technique. This involves stopping sexual activity when you feel you’re nearing climax and waiting until the urge to ejaculate subsides before resuming.
- The Squeeze Technique: This technique involves having your partner squeeze the base of your penis for about 30 seconds when you feel like you’re about to climax. This can help delay ejaculation.
- Use Desensitizing Products: Some over-the-counter products, such as desensitizing sprays or condoms, can help reduce sensitivity and delay ejaculation. However, use these products with caution and follow the instructions carefully to avoid any adverse effects.
Remember that sexual performance issues are common and often temporary. It’s crucial to approach this topic with patience, understanding, and open communication with your partner. Seeking advice from a healthcare professional or a therapist specializing in sexual health can also be beneficial if the issue persists or